last updated 2019-09-03
These clauses might be super unprofessional. The only goal is to inform the users of this site (i.e. chrisoft.org) about their rights and duties.
Take footnotes with a pinch of salt!
... to store your browsing preferences and to improve your browsing experience. Below is a list of saved items:
- color scheme of your choice.
- loop / shuffle states, last used music visualizer.
- password of encrypted section in blog posts (if you decrypted one successfully).
These cookies are not used by the server to do analytics.
If you don't like cookies for whatever reason, feel free to disable them. The basic functionality of the site will still work perfectly fine.
2. Information collected by this site.
This site collects a minimal set of your data to make the site work and do some basic level of spam prevention. Collected information includes:
- Your public IP address.
- User agent string of your browser.
- UTC representation of the time of access.
- Anything you filled in inside the guestbook form.
The collected data are also retained in log files.
The guestbook page is where you can leave me a note. Your message will be permanently archived in a private location not accessible on this site. In case of a message being deleted from the guestbook page, the message doesn't also get removed in the private archive.
- Be offensive.
Messages violating rules above will be deleted without further notice.
- Request deletion of your messages. Contact the owner of this site for further information on this.
This site will never:
- Alter your message.
- Take responsibility of the message you left.
When leaving a message, your IP address will be checked against a spamming blacklist. You can review the source code on this section here.
4. Data retention.
Your data collected by this site will be kept indefinitely unless there is a data loss, about which you will not be informed, and might be covered by ...
6. Your rights.
You hold the right to decide whether to use this site. If you feel uncomfortable about these terms, you might as well consider stop using this site immediately.
Your rights on your submitted comments in the guestbook are already stated in section 3.